Thursday, August 29, 2013

Meet Sam Fairweather!



Life keeps getting better

Sam has been with Stamford Tent for 8 years and is our Special Projects Manager.  When there is a complicated project, Sam is our guy.  He is very adept at developing CAD drawings for these projects, as well as part of the team who helps determine how to attack these projects in the safest, most cost effective way while meeting the needs and desires of our clients.  Technology savvy with an architectural mind, Sam is another important member of our team.

Born in North Carolina, Sam then moved to Massachusetts where he grew up in Plymouth.  He had then lived in Connecticut until recently moving to Cape Cod and was just recently married! Congratulations to the newlyweds!

Here is Sam’s Q&A:

What is the best part of your job?   
"I know other people have brought this up too…but it really is the “every day brings something new” aspect.  I never have any idea where my day will take me, and that means I rarely have just another workaday afternoon."

Most random thing on your iPod right now:
"Live recordings of Beethoven’s complete 9th Symphonies by Berlin’s Philharmonic from the 1940’s?  Young Money?  Guns N Roses?  Icona Pop?  Michael Jackson?  Nicola Benedetti?  Pearl Jam?  Jack White?  Sam Cooke?  Pavarotti?  Gorillaz?  Yo-Yo Ma?  It’s ALL random."

What is your favorite outdoor activity? 
"Walking on the beach with my dog.  He splashes around in the ocean like an idiot…he’s pure joy in motion when he hits the water!"

If you could choose to stay a certain age forever, what age would it be and why?
"I may not have found it yet…I thought 17 was great when I was 17.  Then I thought 22 was so much better than that when I was 22.  30 was awesome when I was 30.  Life keeps getting better…I can’t wait for what’s next!"

If you could have any superpower, what would it be?
"To be in two places at once.  You could have all the experiences you wanted, but still take care of the things that always seem to prevent us from striking out on an adventure!"

What was your favorite childhood cartoon?
"Mickey’s Christmas Carol.  Actually, the Dickens part of it was just ok…but before the Disney version of that classic tale started, they had a bunch of stories about how the Disney characters (like Donald Duck and Goofy) spent their respective Christmases…I LOVED them.  I would watch the individual stories every year and then turn off the main movie."

What would you name the autobiography of your life?
“An Ordinary Guy and His Many Partially Successful, Half-hearted Attempts to Become a Renaissance Man”



No comments:

Post a Comment